Life has been going at a whirlwind speed lately and I barely feel like I’ve had time to catch my breath. I have no idea how busy this year was going to be when 2017 rolled in 4 months ago. My last Currently post was only two months ago but I feel like a lot has happened since. I have a lot to report.
- I started my job over a month ago but it feels like 5 minutes, and I can finally relax a little now. Both Joel and I have got budgets in place that, if we stick to, will see us living well and saving a good amount of money to begin our marriage next year. I no longer have to worry about how I am going to be able to afford things. I’m really enjoying my job, but it’s also a job I can leave at work which is really refreshing. I’m also learning so many marketing techniques that I can bring to my own blog.
- There are a lot of changes happening at work so the next month will be very busy. I’ve got a lot to learn.
- Joel and I made – in my opinion – a very grown-up decision. I had to go on a trip for work which was around 200 miles. While my little car was ok for little journeys, it was starting to get quite old. It also was costing me a lot in petrol each week. My dad was selling his old car so Joel and I decided to buy it. Joel has my Dad’s old car and I now have Joel’s car. Ideally, we would have loved to buy a brand new one on a payment plan, but it just wasn’t feasible as we don’t really want to go into marriage with that kind of money commitment. I’m already spending so much less on petrol which is great. My old car will be sold to help pay for our new one.
- The weather has been a serious mood boost; I always feel happier when the sun is shining. I’ve been to the seaside twice since in the past month and it’s been great. Everything is just so much more beautiful.
- Joel and I celebrated one year of being engaged on May 1st! We went to the Southwold for the day and even though the weather wasn’t great, we had a really nice time celebrating. And we had the most fantastic lunch on the pier.
- Joel and I also went to a wedding fair with our families at our wedding venue. It was so nice to see the venue again and we even got to see some of our suppliers! It’s given us lots of ideas for decoration and it got me all excited for the wedding again. Only 15 months to go!
- I finally picked a theme colour! We went bridesmaid dress shopping on Saturday and I found the perfect colour. I’m currently between two dresses so I’ve booked a further appointment for my maid of honour to take her pick!
- I love bank holidays. We’ve had two so far and there’s another on its way. Even though I think they make the week feel longer, I love having that extra day off. We’re heading to Devon with Joel’s family at the end of the month.
- Superdrug sent me another PR package. I am SO grateful that they’ve given me this opportunity. I am by no means a big blogger; my blog doesn’t have a huge following, nor is it my full-time occupation. But still, they reached out to me. It means so much to have someone believing in me and my blog.
- This leads me onto the most exciting thing that I have to report. I am going to my first blogger event! Superdrug invited me to an event in London next week and I am so so excited for it. I have never done anything like this so I’m very nervous but it’s a chance to network with other bloggers and brands and try out some new products coming to the market!
- This month, I also started a food Instagram account. I am obsessed with food and trying new places and things. If you want to follow along with my food adventures, I am @foodwithgrumps.
- May is the start of possibly the busiest Summer I have ever had. I have so much planned and I’m going away a lot. This year is going to fly by!
CATCH UP ON THJ
SOME OF MY FAVOURITE READS
What is going on with you currently? What’s new with you?