Woah. Hello, September. I don’t know about you, but I am getting so excited for Autumn because I’ve just had the busiest Summer of my life, and I’m looking forward to life slowing down a little.
I really want to start using my blog like a journal and continue to share things that make me happy. One of the ways I’m going to do that is a roundup after each season to document what I did and the places I went, etc.
British Summertime technically runs from 21st June until the 22nd September 2017, however, my post starts from the beginning of June and ends at the end of August.
PLACES I WENT:
- The Peak District
- Peterborough – Soul Survivor
- Wrest Park, Bedfordshire
THINGS I DID:
- Turned 22
- Was the Maid of Honour in a wedding!
- Attended another wedding as a guest
- Went on holiday
- Went wedding cake tasting
- Served as a youth leader at Soul Survivor Week C
- Learned to ride a hoverboard
- Visited two racetracks
- Got new glasses
- Celebrated one year until our wedding
FOOD I ATE:
- Ice cream in abundance – although the Cappuccino and the Chocolate Orange ice cream from Langage Farm gets a special mention
- The most wonderful waffles, Nutella and Ice Cream from our favourite cafe in Old Town Javea
- Spanish Watermelon
- Beautifully cooked meat and fish from Fuego’s Bar BBQ, my favourite abroad restaurant
- Breakfast on the beach at St Brides
- The most amazing lunch: sweet potato, halloumi, guacamole, tomato and balsamic glaze
- I tried gin and tonic for the first time and now it’s my go-to alcoholic drink
- A really garlicky pasanda from our local Indian and it was divine
- Fluffy pancakes with bacon and maple syrup from a restaurant at Luton airport
- A posh meal at the Fox at Willian as a belated birthday meal for myself from a friend
THINGS I’M THANKFUL FOR:
- The wonderful youth group at my Church, I’m so blessed to have them!
- The beautiful weather we had over the bank holiday weekend
- Being able to travel to a new place with work
- My husband-to-be (of course!)
- Family and friends and get-togethers!
- Our world being full of beautiful places
- My creative passion
- That I found my engagement ring (after I lost it for a whole week!)
- That I discovered podcasts – they are my new favourite things
- That Autumn is on its way!
PIN THIS POST
Tell me about some of the things that you did this Summer!