This post should have gone out yesterday, but life just got in the way. I had a busy day at work and then in the evening Joel and I went out for dinner. It was so nice to share some good company and good food. Today I’m busy packing my things to head back to university tomorrow. There’s a lot to do!
I’ve revamped my bucket list in order to keep track of the places I want to visit, the things I want to achieve and things I would like to experience. As a lover of lists, my bucket list is always growing. In the spirit of this blog prompt, here are five unplanned things that I would like to do next.
I’ll revisit these things are the end of the year to see if I achieved any of them.
- Gerbils // I’ve been asking for a pet for so long and since working part time at a pet shop since I was 17, I have fallen in love with these lovely little creatures. Since I’m not yet in a position to get a dog or any other kind of pet, I feel like these are a more realistic alternative. I love how active they are and how a cardboard tube provides hours of fun! 21st birthday present, mum?
- Make money from my blog // I haven’t quite decided yet if I want to blog full time or keep this a creative outlet. However, as I’ve said before, I definitely want to make the money back on it that I have already spent on it at least. If it goes any further than that, it will be an added bonus.
- Make a difference to someone’s life // The Happy Journal is meant to encourage. I hope that I can use this blog not only to encourage myself when life gets me down but to encourage and lift up others who may feel the same way. As the name suggests, this is a happy place, there’s no room for empty negativity here!
- Become vegetarian for a month // This one I feel will be fairly easy to achieve. Living on a budget at university, means that buying meat can work out expensive. So for a whole month this year, I hope I can ditch the meat and make some yummy vegetarian meals. I recently bought a vegetarian recipe book, so I can also help myself achieve one of the goals I set for this year at the same time – challenging myself to try one new craft or recipe a month.
- Keep a video diary // I really want to try vlogging, I’m so intrigued by it. I’m actually going to film a video today to see if I can get the hang of things. For a reason I cannot explain, I love watching vlogs and I love seeing what people are spending their days doing and what things I can learn from them. I’ve already learnt a lot from watching videos and I’ve tried tons of new products. In the same way as blogging, vlogging allows for memory keeping. I’m trying to get over my fear of talking to a camera and not feeling stupid about it.
What’s on your bucket list? What are you going to tick off next? I’d love to hear about it, it always gives me new ideas of things I want to add to my list!