HELLO, I’M BACK.
Hi friends, it’s been a very long time. Did you think that I would never return? To be honest, I wasn’t sure how long I would be away for. So much has happened in the past few months and I can’t wait to share it all with you in specific posts, but for now, I’m bringing you my third installment of THJ Currently to give you an overview of what’s been happening.
I’ve really missed blogging and I want to be able to use this space to not only encourage others but also document my life so that I can look back on it one day and see all that I got up to. That’s something I’m definitely going to change now that I have more time on my hands.
– I finished writing my screenplay! It ended up being around 30,000 words after I’d written my commentary and bibliography as well. I was so proud to have achieved writing a whole film. Which brings me onto…
– I finished university. Where these last three years went are beyond me. I will be graduating next month. Once we handed in our last essay, my coursemate Jess and I headed out for a burger and wine to celebrate. I’ve eaten out rather a lot since!
– My health has been all over the place. During the last week of writing my dissertation, I began to experience headaches and feeling sick, which then turned into a four-day migraine. As well as that I’ve had an ear infection and a skin infection. I think the stress caused my body to give up on me and it’s been horrible. Now that I’m not under stress, my body has the chance to come back to normal.
– Joel asked me to marry him! In my last currently post, back in April, I expressed wanting a new season and I am not disappointed. I’m going to dedicate a whole post to the story of our engagement but I can say that I was incredibly shocked that on what I thought was an ordinary day, the man I have been dating since we were 15 would ask me to marry him. We both knew that it was going to happen at some point, but he did well to throw me off the scent. We have begun our wedding process and it’s so much fun!
– I turned 21 on the 11th June and my family threw me a big garden party with a BBQ. My family has promised me gerbils. After about 10 years of begging my parents to allow me to have my own pet, they are finally giving in. Joel is treating me to a trip away anywhere I choose in Europe, most likely for next year and also gifted me my very own DSLR! Now there is no excuse not to have great blog photos.
– I’m moving from my tiny box room into the larger room downstairs that used to be our study. I’ll be able to have a small office space for my blogging and writing AND I can get my gerbils. Very important. (I reserved them yesterday and they are gorgeous!) I finished painting it last week and my new furniture is being delivered on Wednesday.
– I moved out of Gadd Street on the morning of my birthday. Even though I’m excited for this new season, I lived with these girls for two years and we went through a lot together. I cried my eyes out the night before I left and I will miss the #GaddStreetGirlband so much.
– You may have noticed a little bit of a change around here. I’ve decided to update my blog colours as I move into this new season and change up my fonts a little. I bought a font pairing a few months ago and I decided to swap the font in the header. I’m loving the change so far.
– I’m going to restart the two series I was running, my Happy Journal and #FearlessFriday. If you would like to share your testimony on the blog, get in touch with me! I’m also going to be blogging my wedding from beginning to end and will be making time to document my goals and bring encouragement to my readers.
I’ve been out of touch with the blogging world for too long, what have I missed?