Hello, friends! How are we doing? All I can say is that I’m glad it’s March – even if it’s over half way through. I don’t know about you, but I’m finding that this year is going so quickly! It’s been long overdue since I have done a Currently post, so I’m here to give you a little update on what’s going on in my life right now.
- The January blues didn’t arrive for me until February, so as you can imagine, I didn’t feel my best. I was sad a lot of the time, I was angry with a lot of people, and I lost a lot of confidence in myself. Handing in application after application for jobs to either hear nothing back or get rejected. While I did some fun stuff in February, more often than not I felt down. March has been a godsend.
- I decided to start offering my services for social media management freelance! If you’re interested in what I offer, please email me here. I would love to chat about how I can help you.
- I got a job! Finally! As you may know, I quit my job in retail back in December to try and find something more closely related to my degree. After three months of unemployment, I was offered a role doing exactly what I want to do, digital marketing! The role itself just what I’ve been looking for and encompasses broader types of marketing which I’m very excited to learn about. I start Monday. I’m so thankful that having my blog has helped me to decide what I want to do for a career.
- I’m loving helping out with the youth. This term we’ve been working through a ‘how to’ series and I got to lead the session on prayer last week. I love sharing things I’ve learned at university and bringing that back to share with the youth.
- I’ve been narrowing down my choices for bridesmaids dresses. It’s stressing me out so much that I can’t choose a colour or style but I am going to an appointment in May. Super exciting! They’ve got dresses in every colour under the sun so if I can’t find something I like, God help me.
- Over on Instagram, I’ve been sharing lots of my favourite things right now. One of those was the products in my new skincare routine. Superdrug then contacted me and asked if I wanted to be on their press list. This is such an exciting opportunity and I received my first PR package earlier this week. I’ll be sharing what I got soon. I feel like a proper blogger!
Writing… A screenplay! I’m writing a TV series and I’m 7011 words into my 100,000 word yearly target.
Reading… Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner.
Playing… Angry Birds Blast. I’ve always got a game on my phone that I’m playing.
Watching… Reign on Netflix. But I’ve just started PLL. RIP me.
Trying… To get organised before I start my new job. I’ve got a looooong to do list!
Cooking… At the weekend I made a delicious coffee cake!
Eating… Lemon tart.
Drinking… Copious amounts of fruit tea.
Texting… My grandma thanking her for the card I received.
Pinning… Pictures of tattoos. I’m desperate for another. What should I get?
Tweeting… All my old blog posts via a plugin on my blog!
Going… To youth.
Loving… Twitter! I’m getting so into connecting with other bloggers on there. Say hi here.
Hating… My evening routine. It’s not good. I need to change it up.
Enjoying… My last week off.
Hoping… That I can get a blogging schedule established before I start work full time.
Listening to… Giants by Ella Henderson.
Smelling… The sweet smell of lemon tart.
Finishing… The unemployed life!
Starting… A new journey.
- 2017 Goals
- Seven Instagram Accounts I’m Loving Right Now
- 10 Things To Do When You’re Feeling Down
- 10 More Things To Do When You’re Feeling Down
- I’m Supporting These Cruelty-Free Make Up Brands in 2017
- What Books Am I Reading This Year?
- January Self-Care Checklist
- February Self-Care Checklist
- The Best Places To Find Free Stock Photos
- My Skincare Routine | March 2017
- How To Stop Worrying
View this post on Instagram
Good morning! I hope you are feeling fresh and ready to conquer the week ahead, whatever comes your way. Remember, your track record for getting through bad days is 100% so far. • I have a new post up on the blog! I'm sharing my #skincare routine with you all and a review of the products mentioned. Head to www.thehappyjournal.com to read or find the #linkinbio! 🌿✨
What’s going on in your life right now? Anything to share? Chat with me!