*Affiliate Links – Some links may be affiliate links, meaning that any clicks may result in a small commission to keeping this blog running at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Happy Journal.
I’ve got commitment issues. Commitment issues to my blog. I don’t know why, but I just can’t seem to find the time to put 100% effort into it. It might be because I’ve been in the midst of the busiest summer of my life… no joke. But it might also be down to the fact that I am a perfectionist. If I can’t do something completely, then I just won’t bother. In other words, if I can’t get good content, beautiful imagery and schedule it all on the blog for one specific day, then I just don’t see the point. My blog has suffered because of it; my creativity has suffered because of it.
If you’ve read my ‘About’ page, you’ll know why my blog is called The Happy Journal. Along the way, this mission got a little lost. I’ve struggled with my sense of self here on the internet. Discovering what I want to blog about has been tough, and I’ve often opted for the easy option or the most popular option. I’ve dabbled in a little bit of PR, but overall I’ve neglected my original purpose: to spread positivity.
My blog is for encouragement, I must remember that. If I am putting my whole heart into what I do, that’s when people will become affected by it.
So, with that in mind, I’m bringing back a beloved series that I started last year. My online Happy Journal will document the things each week that made me smile or that deserve a mention. Ideally, I’d post this every Monday, but today it’s Wednesday but I’m going to post it anyway. I’m a believer in the little things in life, so I want to be able to look back in years to come at the things that made me happy.
13TH AUGUST – 20TH AUGUST
- At the start of this week, we were in Spain, so Monday didn’t feel so bleugh! In fact, we went to the Les Fonts d’Algar which is a big valley in Spain with lots of waterfalls. We’ve been lots of times before, and it’s always so fun. Although the water is freezing, there are big pools to swim in.
- I lost my engagement ring… and then I found it! I was so happy! I’m going to write a little anecdote on the story but after I had come to terms with the fact that I would need to claim on the insurance to get another, it turned up.
- Last Thursday I hosted a little pizza and games evening at my place. Everyone brought a pizza, we provided chips and garlic bread and we played rounds of Presidents and Pooheads (I believe the game is also called Capitalism) and Jungle Speed.
- This coming week, we are heading to Soul Survivor, a Christian festival, as youth leaders. Last Friday we had our last planning meeting. I’ve not been for a couple of years so I’m really excited.
- We went to the gym on Saturday – only to find that it closed half an hour later lol- and on our way out we saw bushes full of blackberries! We picked some to take home.
- Joel and I (mainly Joel – credit where credit is due and all that) recreated a dish that we ate on my birthday at Rose Cottage Tea Rooms in Castleton, the Peak District. It was awesome! We added a few extras to it and it was so yummy.
- Yesterday we went wedding cake tasting! Joel and I went to visit a woman who has taken on the task of our wedding cake and we scrolled through Pinterest and stuffed our faces.
- I found an embellishment for my wedding outfit and I think I’ve found the shoes I want! Things are really starting to come together now!
- On Sunday, I decided to make French toast for breakfast. I served it with the freshly picked blackberries.